Last year (2012) he changed the format a bit to do 1 tag a month. Sounds like it would be easy to play along, right? It wasn't for me. Something always seemed to get in the way. I had a plan to make the 12 tags with a Christmas twist. Although I started a couple different ones, I don't think I ever finished one. . .so they are sitting in one of my "to be completed" piles.
Now it's 2013. April 2013 in fact. This year I am DETERMINED to get the 12 Tags of 2013 made by December 15. When I saw April's tag featured distress paints, I just HAD to play! So I made a quick trip to Stampers' Corner and picked up some paints.
Then I played!
I ended up making backgrounds on 10 #8 tags and a few small tags! I had lots of fun. The 9 tags below are ones I didn't use. . . .yet.
As happens many times when I create, the plan I start with in my head is NOT what the final product looks like. I had plans of snowflakes and snowmen and maybe even a deer or two. As you can see about the only things from my original plan are the snowflakes.
For the details of making the background and to see Tim's tag, please visit his blog. He will be coming out with a new tag in a couple of days. I am looking forward to seeing it!
Since I have a daytime job that keeps me from playing as much as I want, I probably won't have January, February and March 2013 tags completed before the May tag comes out, but I will get them all done. . . someday!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a fabulous week!
- Ranger's Distress Paints: Antiqued Bronze, Brushed Pewter, Broken China, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Tarnished Brass, Salty Ocean
- Ranger's Distress Ink: Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Pine Needle
- Ranger's Stickles: Red (not sure the exact name. . .this came from one of their AWESOME wearhouse sales and there is not a label on the bottle)
- Ranger's Adrondack Paint Dabbers: Snowcapped
- Idea-ology: Christmas Adornments, Alpha Parts Ransom
- Stampers Anonymous: Mini Holiday 2
- Sizzix: Tree Line On-the-edge die
- Elizabeth Craft's: sentiment
- From my stash: #8 manilla tag, 2 small snowflakes, "believe" ring and ribbon