Sunday, August 14, 2011

GM #19

Here's my entry for Studio L3's Grungy Monday #19 Challenge.  Our inspiration/instructions came from Tim's 12 tags of Christmas. . . day 10 (2010).

The bird and branch are on top of the cracked window, the cage under it.

Have a great week.


Products used:
Ranger Ink:  Manilla cardstock, Snow Cap & Copper Dabbers, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Forest Moss and Black Soot Distress Inks, Coffee and Jet Black Archival ink, Glossy Accents.

Sizzix - Mover & Shapers Mini Bird & Cage Set

Misc - scraps of grungeboard, scraps green & brown cardstocks.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Grungy Monday #18

For Grungy Monday 18 Linda at Studio L3 had us go to Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas...{day 8} 2009!

Here is my creation!

The bird is from the "Nature" grunge pack - I used Black Soot Distress Ink then covered it with Ranger's Holographic embossing powder!  This is the coolest embossing powder ever, it changes colors depending on how much you heat it!  (I heated the center a bit more than the edges)  On the branch I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink with Vintage Photo Distress Powder.  See below for the other products used.

Have a fabulous week and be sure to check the StudioL3 blog for Challenge 19 after Monday, August 8!


Other products used:
Card base - Stardust "Fairway" cover stock,
Mat - Ranger's manilla card stock
Distress Ink
   - Tumbled Glass
   - Black Soot
   - Walnut Stain
   - Old Paper
   - Vintage Photo
   - Forest Moss
   - Bundled Sage
   - Peeled Paint
Sentiment stamp - Clear Art Stamps - "Bird Lovers" set
Leaf  Stamp  - Great Impressions
Birds stamp - Visual Artistry - Lost & Found set
Ranger Archival  Jet Black ink
Vellum - from my scrap bin
Craft Esstentials black embossing powder

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Twisted Sketches Card #71

To see this week's card sketch head on over to the Twisted Sketches blog.  And if you play along, you can now link your creation to the Twisted Sketches blog!

This week's twisted is "edge".  The initial plan was to use autumn colors and make it a masculine card.   My first attempt didn't quite emerge as I saw it in my head.  As I sat contemplating whether I should go ahead and use the card or not, I realized I totally overlooked the twist.

I took the opportunity to improve upon my first card and came up with this card!

The first card had a solid background with alcohol ink strips and just didn't look right.  Switching the "patterned" and solid papers around I was much happier with the results!  The twist this week is "edge" so I tore the edges of the background and each strip and distressed the other 3 edges of the strips.

I used Stardust "Fairway" cover stock for the card and the strips, the background paper is glossy card stock with alcohol inks in terra cotta, rust, pesto, butterscotch, copper mixative and blending solution.  The sentiment stamp is from Great Impressions. The flowers and brad are from my stash.  I used some Viva Las Vegas tape and  glue dots.

Don't forget to add your card with Mr. Linky on the Twisted Sketches blog!  I am looking forward to seeing it!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!