Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Match Set

Hi!  It's been awhile, hasn't it?  I really need to get back to my poor neglected blog more often.

To create this gift box I (mostly) followed directions from Splitcoaststampers. The box lid was created by printing Pirates Lagoon from Gecko Galz' Never Land Paper Collection on White Diamond cardstock.  All of the printing was done on an Epson Artisan 810 inkjet printer.

The images on the  4 cards and the box band are digital stamps from Gecko Galz' Butterfly Dreams digital stamps set and printed on White Diamond cardstock.   .

The card bases were made with StarDream Metallic cardstock.  The mat on each card was created using another print of Pirates Lagoon.  If there is a 2nd mat on a card, it was paper from my scrap pile.

The lid was just printed, no extra techniques used to get the awesome metallic look.  I used gel pens to color the images on the band and added a butterfly charm.


This image was colored with gel pens and a black glaze pen.  I used some Tim Holtz Foliage Flower that I covered with copper Alcohol Ink Mixative.



This card was colored with Prismacolor colored pencils.  The heart ribbon slide I've had in my stash for awhile and is from "All My Memories".

For the next two cards I used  Distress Ink and just randomly blended a variety of colors (this is a favorite technique!)

This image on this card was mounted using foam tape and a gold leafing pen was used to highlight different areas of the frame, which is not showing up in the photo.

Thanks for stopping by!

Linda

2 comments:

  1. wow Linda this is a stunning selection of projects, have so missed seeing your creations, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great set Linda, I love all the detail that has gone into every single creation! A truly special gift!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love! I truly appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete