Saturday, March 6, 2010

Only an hour

I haven't been spending a lot of time in the studio lately because I have not felt like playing.   In the last month I have only made the flowers in the previous posts and a card for Mom.   I did stamp some images and took them along with my watercolor pencils to "color" while I was sitting with her.   Today I made myself go into the studio.  I told myself I only had to spend an hour in the studio and only had to  make one card.

A while back I posted a challenge to have 60 Mothers' Day Cards and 60 "all occasion" cards made and in the mail to Operation Write Home by March 15.  At this point it's a pretty safe bet that I am not going to have that many cards ready to send, but I still want to send as many as I can.  (Guess I work well under pressure! lol)  I decided to make a Mother Day card in my hour to send to Operation Write Home.

The hour I spent in the studio turned into about an hour and 10 minutes.  I completed these two cards, the sunflowers are a couple of the images I "painted" while keeping Mom company.


The butterfly on the card on the left is more orange-ish in person.  The tag on the card on the right actually hangs from the stem so it's not covering up the other leaf or a bee.

I worked on a third card, but it wasn't coming together, so I left it in pieces for another time.

Speaking of Operation Write Home, they are having a "Spring Break" blog hop on Saturday, March 20, 2010. If you haven't already joined, click on the link for more information about being a stop on the hop.  I have signed up to be a stop.  I will be offering a prize (for leaving a comment), a challenge and maybe a tutorial!  Hope you will be able to come and play on the 20th!

Take care,

Linda

2 comments:

  1. So easy to lose track of time when you're creating! Lovely cards Linda! And for such a great cause, what a generous spirit you have. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sunflowers and I think these are wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete