Saturday, March 16, 2013

Back in November. . .

when the Scrapbook Expo was in Sacramento, I discovered and fell in love with a new to me company - Heartfelt Creations.  I spent a lot of time in their booth trying to decide which stamps and dies I wanted. It was very, very hard to decide.  But to the great joy of my friends, I did finally decide (although I think they were having as much fun as I was! lol)

I made a couple of cards around Thanksgiving . . .



. . . then during the first week of December I got sick . . for over a week, it was NOT fun.    My kids started coming home just past mid-December and continued arriving through the end of December (There are 4 of them plus 2 significant others and 2 grandkids).  The new year started with an unwelcomed guest . . . the flu . . .5 of the 6 still at home plus 1 who had already went back to her home were hit by it.  That was REALLY NOT fun.    

After I was feeling a bit more human I had a Scrapping Sunday.  Class was using some of my mostly unused Heartfelt Creation stamps and dies.  Usually I have samples made so they can see what they are making.  It didn't work out that way in January.  I had a picture (see above) of the poinsetta card, but I wanted a different background.  I did have a sample of the background. . . because one of my daughters had made it when she was visiting and then didn't use it.

For the "door" card, they had to imagine what it looked like finished because all I had was what was in my head and a few loose pieces to show them and explain my idea.  I had started a sample but didn't get it finished until a couple weeks after class because I got the flu AGAIN.  (I am happy to say I am HEALTHY now and I have paid my dues for the next 10 years, so all is good!)

SJ

SJ



Kate



Kate
 
Stephanie

I think they did a fabulous job with their cards!    The others escaped without me getting a picture of their cards.  


Here is the card I finished just in time to give to my husband for Valentines Day:




Hope you are having a fabulous week!

Linda

1 comment:

  1. Go me with my amazing immune system. AND more importantly awesome cards mum.

    ReplyDelete