I used Tim Holtz' Configurations for the base. If you haven't played with one yet, you really need too! I am HOOKED. Don't be surprised if you see more configurations on my blog!
I started this project shortly after the challenge was announced. I just finished it because I wanted a sewing machine and found one on eBay. When I got it, it wasn't quite as big as I wanted. I have been pondering every since on what to include with it. There's a hanger in there now (even though it's hard to see), but I'm not sure if I am satisfied. Any ideas or suggestions?
Years ago my aunt gave me a box of old sewing notions that I had no idea what to do with it, but I couldn't get rid of it. From that box of goodness I used the pincushion (I applied a coat of Studio Matte Medium because the covering is so thin from use and age.) I also used part of an old tape measure I found in the box.
Other items such as the snaps, zipper pulls, thimble and bobbin came from the "nuts & bolts" cabinet I claimed after my mom passed away.
This is a close up of the cover on plain background so it's a little easier to see. The stamp is from Wendy Vecchi's Fashion Style and Art stamp set.
The flowers are some I made when Tim (Holtz) Tattered Floral die came out. They are in a vintage wooden spool. The pattern in the background is a reduced photocopy. The lace if from my mom's stash.
I have a few other configurations either started or planned! They are loads of fun and I hope you will be able to play with some SOON!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look! Have a fabulous week!