Sunday, January 23, 2011

Challenge 28 from "A Compendium of Curiosity"

Hi!  This week Challenge 28 from A Compendium of Curiosity challenge over at StudioL3 was found on page 57, Colorful Layered Fragments.   Unlike some of the more recent challenges I actually started working on it on Monday, the day the challenge was posted!  Go me!

I created 2 pieces, the smaller one (the fish) for my sample book and the large one (butterfly) for a "TBD" later project.














Turns out late Thursday night (as in I was already in bed and about to fall asleep) I realized I had not made my friend (and boss), SJ, a card for her birthday which was Friday.  So the "TBD" later project took shape.   Friday morning I quickly threw some elements together including the large fragment with the butterfly.  In my rush to get things done before I left for work, I didn't even think about taking a picture of the completed card.


Thanks to my friends  we are making great strides on the wedding invites!  Teresita came over yesterday (Saturday) and helped embossing elephants on the invitations, inking the edges and started to assemble the mats.  SJ came over today (Sunday) and we finished assembling the invitation mats & invite.  We worked on the bands that will go around the entire "packet".   My goal is to have them in the mail by February 1 and  I think we will make it with time to spare, well if I get all the addresses the goal will be met!  In case any of you are wondering why the bride isn't working on the invitations it's because she is in the Air Force Reserves and is away at training until the end of February.   And her bride's maids are scattered from Maryland to Hawaii and Los Angeles to Seattle, so with the help of my AWESOME, FABULOUS, and WONDERFUL friends we are getting the invitations done.

What kind of paper cutter do you use?  What do you like about it?  Is there anything you don't like about it?

Hope you have a fantastic week!

Linda

4 comments:

  1. Your fragments turned out awesome! Love the coloring. Sounds like the wedding plans are going along smoothly, and keeping you extra busy, and yay for good friends to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fragments! Nice inking. I use a cutter I got from Stampin Up. It is a guillotine cutter. I have had it for a few years- still sharp. I do a lot of cutting and I would buy another. It takes up more room than those portable cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, my dear, both your Fragments are gorgeous! I love the beautiful colors and the gorgeous backgrounds, and I bet that birthday card turned out great!

    Sounds like the wedding plans are coming along wonderfully. What an exciting time for you and your girl!

    I have a great little paper trimmer from Fiskars callend "SureCut" that came from eclectic Paperie, and I think I use it every day. I love it because it's compact and easy to scoot around my work area, but what's really cool is the design. There's a little wire that you can use to precisely align your cuts, and it's so easy to use.

    If you're looking for something more heavy-duty, I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm on the hunt for something that will cut heavy chipboard, and still haven't found the right thing at a price I can afford!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Linda!!! They came out really pretty, I feel short this week in getting mine done, oh well!

    Sounds like your having fun doing the invitations, quite an undertaking!

    ReplyDelete