Sunday, February 13, 2011

CCC #31

Boy,  working full time and planning a wedding sure doesn't leave one much time for other activities! For the 31st Compendium of Curiosities Challenge hosted by the fabulous Linda @ StudioL3, I decided to design an element to use at the reception!  (There is more than one way to have some fun!)

We are going to have a limited open bar (beer, wine and a "signature drink") with a twist!  As at most bars there will be a tip jar, the twist will be the tips will be for the bride & groom! (If you want a twist of lime with your drink, we might have those too! lol)  Anyway, I have a big jar that I plan to decorate with the same elephants used on the invitations with a jungle background.  Going up the jar will be different locations of where the kids "will" go on their honeymoon depending on the tips they make.

Anyway, here are the elephants, they were made as one piece.  Hard to tell they are enameled and they don't have eyes yet, but I will get there.  I didn't get as far as I planned as one of my sisters dropped by for a surprise visit and then I spent a lot more time than I had planned planting or re-planting some "tropical" plants I got at a fabulous price (yes, for the wedding!)

 (sorry about the weird angle, but I scanned it instead taking a picture and that is the only way I could get the elephants to fit on the scanner.)

Once I get the jar completed I will try to remember to take pictures and post.

I hope you have a fabulous week!

Linda

3 comments:

  1. Looks great Linda! And I'm sure it will be a hit at the reception, and how wonderful that you're able to meet challenges with wedding items! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it looks wonderful.Good luck with all your preperations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy girl, and yet here you are, still making this awesome art. How the heck do you do it all?? The wedding reception tip jar is such a great idea. I love those elephants! They're perfect for the rusted enamel, and are just so flipping adorable! This is going to be the coolest wedding ever!

    ReplyDelete