Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not sure

I am not sure if this qualifies for the Gingersnap's GC87: Random Redhead - Tea Bag Template Challenge but there is a "teabag" and I used a template for a tea cup so I thought I'd enter it!


And yes, this is another wedding related project!  I can't take credit for the theme of the shower as the Maid of Honor and bride came up with it.  I can't take credit for the teacup design either, that came from a template at  Split Coast Stampers.   After the girls cut the cups out, I used the Floral Fantasy embossing folder by Cuttlebug, used a gold leafing pen across the top and bottom, and glued the sides of the cups.  For the tea bag I inked both sides (one side at at a time) of the paper using Tea Dye Distress Ink and misted with a couple drops of Old Paper  DI mixed with water, then printed the info, cut out, trimmed, inked the edges and attached the string and tag with a tiny attacher.  (I inked both sides of the paper because there is information on both sides!) These were pretty quick to make and I was very happy with the way they came out!


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a creative and fabulous idea! I love this - such a wonderful use of the teabag theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea, and that's the best use of that paisley folder I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cute! I was looking for a tea cup template just yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and so flippin' clever! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally terrific Linda, Annette x

    ReplyDelete