Monday, September 6, 2010

Playing around with grungepaper, CCC week 13

It's Monday so that means the awesome Linda L @ Studio L3 posted a new challenge.  It is also a holiday so I was home today and got to play! Charlene even dropped by for a bit and played!  (We are still working on the door sign for the cruise.)

Week 13 challenge was found on page 65, "Grungepaper Flowers".  While waiting for some stuff to dry (for our door sign) Charlene and I chatted and I created these "lilies" and Charlene cut out some stuff, but you will have to watch her blog for an update on what she did.

There are 3lilies  in the old thread spool.  Here's one by itself to give you a clearer view. 
I don't have a clue what I am going to do with my lilies, but until the idea presents itself, I will enjoy their beauty in the spool!

After I finished, I had these leftover.

I don't know about you, but I really hate throwing leftovers away.  So I asked myself:  "Self, what can you do with these?"  I didn't answer (bet some of you thought I might answer!lol) but played a bit and came up with this ATC.  I found some extra leftover petals and made the leaves.
Besides the grungepaper flowers on the ATC, there is DCWV (black) paper, glossy paper with alcohol inks, 7 Gypsy ATC transparency, Tim Holtz' Adage ticket and a button from my stash (covered with alcohol ink).

If you had a day off, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed it. If you had to work, I hope your week got off to a fabulous start!

Linda

16 comments:

  1. the lilies are beautiful... TFS

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lilies are beautiful!! Grunge? You're kidding??? Love the ATC too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you do! The lilies are beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilies are my favourite flowers, you did a lovely job making them, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous.... love love the idea of breaking the flower apart and making a lily out of it... And love the stamens... Superb... so so excited for you also... only 21 days and counting til the crusie. Lord willing, I WILL be on a cruise somewhere with Tim next year.... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous Linda makes a great change from the usual grunge roses. Brilliant.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those lilies are absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I love the color and the sparkling, sweet centerpieces. I actually think they look awesome right there in the spool!

    Your card is wonderful, too, and the blue AI makes a great backdrop for the dramatic flower. The butterfly silhouette is WAY cool, and the whole piece has a really elegant feel to it.

    Holy cow-- 21 days?? You're almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like them in the spool too, would make a nice thank you or just because gift for someone or to keep for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely flower pot! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very cool, I may have to scraplift the flower idea. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it Linda! Amazing how those little pieces fit on an ATC, isn't it? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! The muted reds and greens on the flower are wonderful! :) I arrived here from the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog, where you had posted to say you'd entered last weeks challenge, but I can find no mention of it here. Remember, if you enter future challenges, you must link back to the challenge blog to be entered into the prize draw.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both projects are just incredible. Love how you used your leftovers right away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really beautiful. I love the colors and shape of the flowers! I agree with you about not wanting to through away those precious scraps.Take care--Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful! It's hard to believe they look so realistic in that size--TFS! Paula

    ReplyDelete