Over at Gingersnap Creations blog the Chestnut Theme Challenge is Cowboys and Cowgirls.
I've had this piece done for a couple of weeks, but when I saw the pictures, I almost threw the card away! It looked awful! Well at least the "ground' looked awful and the color of the card was worse. I used Prima colored pencils to color it. After I did a little ground work, I like it much better. The card itself looks fine to my eye, just not the cameras.
Then I made the mistake of setting the card aside. I looked everywhere for it so I could take more pictures and see if they came out any better. No matter where I looked I couldn't find it. That is generally what happens when I start to clean - I can't find anything. So I gave up to finding the card and when on to sort some [paper] scraps I have accumulated. It's amazing what one finds! In the bag a scraps not only did I find my missing cowboy, but found some tape I had been looking for too! lol
Any way here is my "revised" cowboy, lookin' much better:
Hope you had a fabulous weekend and have a great week!
PS - As I mentioned, I am cleaning (my studio) and if you are interested in an envelope full of scrap paper - anywhere from 1" x 6" up to 8.5 x 11, let me know and I will send an envelope stuffed full. If more than one person is interested I will either divide it up or have a drawing or something but my scrap bin runneth over so some has to leave. Leave a way for me to contact you too, please.