Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gingersnap Creation - GC101 Cowboys and Cowgirls

Over at Gingersnap Creations blog the Chestnut Theme Challenge is Cowboys and Cowgirls.

I've had this piece done for a couple of weeks, but when I saw the pictures, I almost threw the card away!  It looked awful! Well at least the "ground' looked awful and the color of the card was worse.  I used Prima colored pencils to color it.  After I did a little ground work, I like it much better.  The card itself looks fine to my eye, just not the cameras. 

Then I made the mistake of setting the card aside.  I looked everywhere for it so I could take more pictures and see if they came out any better.  No matter where I looked I couldn't find it.  That is generally what happens when I start to clean - I can't find anything.  So I gave up to finding the card and when on to sort some [paper] scraps I have accumulated.  It's amazing what one finds!  In the bag a scraps not only did I find my missing cowboy, but found some tape I had been looking for too! lol

Any way here is my "revised" cowboy, lookin' much better:


The stamp is from I Brake for Stamps. I used Staz-On jet black ink, Prima colored pencils, distress ink around the edges, the mat is a piece of grocery bag and the horseshoe is cut freehand then inked with vintage photo distress ink covered with vintage photo ditress embossing powder and covered with rusty hinge distress ink!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend and have a great week!

Linda
PS - As I mentioned, I am cleaning (my studio) and if you are interested in an envelope full of scrap paper - anywhere from 1" x 6" up to 8.5 x 11, let me know and I will send an envelope stuffed full. If more than one person is interested I will either divide it up or have a drawing or something but my scrap bin runneth over so some has to leave. Leave a way for me to contact you too, please.

5 comments:

  1. well i love how the coloring looks on your image of the card! it is beautifully designed. i am intersted in some scrap and am more than happy to share with anyone else who might want some. mama_wolfdog at yahoo dot com. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, GREAT coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card Linda and lovely colourings. So pleased you could join us Gingersnaps. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love your colouring. I must use my pencils more often.
    Jack xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you set off this cowboy card. The grocery bag worked great and the horseshoe adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete