Friday, May 6, 2011

Playing catch-up

What do you get when life is a whirlwind?  Behind!  My life certainly has been a whirlwind lately, but it is finally settling down!  I have been so busy (or sick)  that until this last week I did not even have time to play along with the Grungy Monday challenges and they are already on Challenge 5!  But never fear, it is time to play catch up!

What is Grungy Monday you ask?  Well head on over to StudioL3 to find out!  (The link will take to the "introduction" for Grungy Monday!)

The first challenge started back on March 28 and it used the techniques the AWESOME Tim Holtz used on the 2008 Day 10 Tag for the 12 Tags of Christmas!  The idea of Grungy Monday is to take a "Tim Technique" and put your personal twist on it.  Here is my twist!




 The second challenge took participants to the Ranger Ink website to view a Tim Holtz video demonstrating Distress Ink with Studio Matte Medium!  I never tried this technique before, it was quite fun!  It was kinda like magic because I was sure it wasn't going to come out, but I kept applying the ink and my ship magically appeared!  I think I got it right - the speakers are not hooked up to my computer, so I watched in silent mode, lol!



The third challenge explored using Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash!  Another product I had never used before!  All I can say is WOW! oh, and make sure everything around is well protected! lol



The fourth challenge took participates to  the "timholtz" YouTube channel for a lesson on Texture Fades and Distress!


And finally, the fifth challenge takes us to a New Dimension!  You can read all about it on Tim's blog.  This is the current challenge and it is open until 8:00 p.m. (MT) on Sunday, May 8, 2011.  Then on Monday, the fabulous Linda will post challenge 6!



So what do you get when you put 5 challenges together?  A work in progress!  I plan to incorporate a few more of the challenges into my canvas, so nothing is permanently attached yet.  I will let you know when it is complete!




Hope you have a fabulous weekend and in case I don't post again before Mother's Day. - Happy Mother's Day!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - busy lady! Great to combine them all and create a new piece...
    Sarah at 54

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be checking out the links! Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've once again, outdone yourself! I LOVE the Adirondack Color Wash! Looks like you wasted no time catching up. I can't wait to see the finished project! And of COURSE............ have a VERY HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fabulous canvas. All the pieces are wonderful, and I just love how you're putting them on the canvas, very clever use of the techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love that you incorporated all these challenges together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep in mind that $500 is an average cost of $50 a year --
    that generally include free admissions, museum store discounts and invitations
    to share and to keep in touch with people. Give high value
    content and advice like this direct to your inbox,
    sign up for your seminar, workshop or teleseminar.


    Here is my webpage ... Private Student Loans for People

    ReplyDelete