It's Grungy Monday # 8 over at Linda Ledbetter's StudioL3 blog and almost time for #9! If you haven't checked Linda's blog out, you really need too! (The GM link will take you directly to the challenge; the Studio L3 link will take you to the home page.)
I almost didn't have anything for Grungy Monday #8, not because I didn't try, but because it just wasn't working for me. I tried on Monday evening and I tried on Wednesday. I was either getting puddles or I was getting no blending. (Yeah, I know too much water or not enough). But after going through 5 or 6 sheets of paper, I had had enough. It could have been because we are having weird weather for our part of California, nothing like some of you have been experiencing, but none the less, let the barometric pressure change and I get migraines.
I decided to give it one last try today. At least that was my excuse to take a break from the cleaning! lol So what was the challenge that was so challenging for me? To get directions and find inspiration we were sent to Tim's September 2008 challenge.
Perhaps it wasn't the migraines that were the problem afterall, perhaps it was the "substituting" I did. I didn't have the Adirondack Dye Pads or watercolor paper. I used Distress Inks (in Barn Door, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint and Bundled Sage) and Diamond White paper (it's some really great paper from Stampers' Corner). The stamp is Hero Arts, the ribbon is from my stash as is the background paper.
Persistence paid off!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
PS - As I mentioned, I am cleaning (my studio) and if you are interested in an envelope full of scrap paper - anywhere from 1" x 6" up to 8.5 x 11, let me know and I will send an envelope stuffed full. If more than one person is interested I will either divide it up or have a drawing or something but my scrap bin runneth over so some has to leave. Leave a way for me to contact you too, please.