Saturday, April 17, 2010

A completed challenge

I was surfing blogland today trying to get some inspiration or maybe just passing some time while my studio was occupied with a sleeping daughter.  A couple  of the blogs I frequent are Lynn Steven's Trash to Treasure Art and Hels Sheridan's Ink on My Fingers.   Both are on the Design Team for Gingersnap Creations both always have awesome projects and of course links to the Gingersnap Creations challenges.  Today I decided I was going to attempt one of the challenges, I had 5 to choose from!

Before I could decide which one I was going to try, my husband and I decided to go for a drive up to Jackson and wander around old town.  We wandered around town, looking here and there.  It was a beautiful day for a drive in the country and walking around.  By the time we left though, I was getting a headache.  We stopped for gas and I got some Excedrin.  When we were on the road again I put my hat on, pulled low over my eyes, closed my eyes, and contemplated which challenge I would do.  By the time we got home I knew exactly what I was going to do. 

It turns out the challenge I chose was GC 47: Color Challenge - Copper, Ginger or Rust - which ends on April 18.  Made it, just in time!


For the Eiffel Tower I used the Sizzix Bigz Eiffel Tower on Grungeboard which I inked with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink,  I wrapped copper wire around it, added some mini brads then smashed everything down with a hammer.  All the background paper is from my scrap box. Even thoug it is hard to see here, the card has little flecks of rust and ginger on an off-white background.  

So there you have it - my first Gingersnap Creations challenge!    I have quite a few more challenges I want to try, so stay tuned!

Linda

4 comments:

  1. Love your card and what a fun way to use all the colors! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Copper, Ginger or Rust Challenge! Hope you play again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda so sorry you had head pain. But glad you got your challenge done and it is beautiful.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this really turned out COOL! Love the colors, and the wire wrapped round was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete