Friday, January 1, 2010

Roses, I am hooked!

First, thank you for the comments! Made my night! Like you Juliet, I want to go back and make all of the other ones.


I have to tell you about my experience with grungepaper roses. I first saw one last June when Tim came to Elk Grove and I was fortunate enough to take his classes at Stampers Corner. A rose was used in the Patchwork Pandemonium class. Full instructions on how to make the roses wre included, but Tim had convinced his friend Keychain to make 60 roses prior to the class so we didn't make one that day. I was intrigued and added that to my list of things I wanted to try.

Carol (Stampers Corner) ordered some of the Sizzix dies and I JUST had to have one, so I ordered one.

There sat my die for MONTHS, then I went on the cruise and I made a rose in Wendy's class and really enjoyed it (although not the cutting part so much). When I got home I moved "make a rose" up on my list of things to do, but never seemed to find the time. Then on the last day of the 12 Tags of Christmas, Tim used roses on the tag. So I dusted off the die and haven't stopped.

The picture is a wedding card I made for a friend's daughter's wedding. For the white roses, I used acrylic paint. I formed each layer, glued (glossy accents) the individual layers to itself, painted them, waited for them to dry, then glued everything together. After I made these, I tried Eileen's trick of inserting a brad on the bottom layer, which has been working well.

I also made a birthday card with a rose, I am working on a plaque for someone that will have 3 or 4 or 5 roses (haven't quite decided yet and have 7 or 8 roses in the wings waiting.) I also showed a couple of co-workers how to make them!

Hope your first day of 2010 has been awesome! My has been totally relaxing. . .I've been reading Memorial Day by Vince Flynn for most of the day.

Congratulations to Lori for her Cool Yule Dude tag winning an "Artist Choice" award on Tim's blog! If you haven't seen it, check it out!

Take care, be safe

Linda

4 comments:

  1. Yes, very addicting, aren't they??? Your card is just GORGEOUS! I like the white rose look, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful!
    I'll have to try painting some roses.
    :)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You realize...every time you put Tim's name down I'm like...wait why was my hubby there?! Then...I realize you're talking about that scrap book guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a beautiful card... You have the roses down!

    I tell myself if I wasn't spending my money on my creative stuff What would I be spending it on. Thanks for stopping by an becoming a follower. Good luck in my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete