Sunday, January 31, 2010

Spring is coming!!!!

We had a BEAUTIFUL day here in northern California.  It was about 60 degrees (F)  and sunny!  It's the time of year when the Narcissus bloom and reminds us Spring is coming!! 

These pink flowers have also bloomed, I think they are nicotiana but I am not a gardener so I won't swear to it.  I just know every January we have pink flowers in the front yard!

I did manage to get a couple of cards finished today.  I can only share one card as I am entering the 2nd card in a contest and I am not sure if I can post it or not before they select a winner.  I asked them that questions so I will post it as so as I get the go ahead or the contest is over.  I think I am going to have to find some challenges for something other than cards, as that is all I seem to be making lately.  (I do have fun  making cards though! lol)
 

I cut the octopus from a pattern I made using a Mrs Grossman's sticker as a guide. (If you are wondering why I didn't use the sticker, it was too small.)  All the ink used on this card is Distress Ink (imagine that, me using Distress Ink! lol) The sand is a blend of 3 colors of distress stickles, the shells are real, the fish are brads from PaperWishes.  The inside reads {Thank you for being my friend} (brackets included)!!  Let me know what you think

Take care

Linda

2 comments:

  1. Yes, anxiously awaiting spring here in Illinois! Might be a while yet. The flowers are lovely! Your card is great! So fun! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This depressed me.....as SPRING is 100 months away for us on the east coast. Left for Florida with an inch and a half of snow on the ground. Came home and got 2 more inches last night. Possible BIG snow on Sat. Color me with distress ink, a VERY unhappy person!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete